Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcome to My Marriage- A Marriage quiz

So here it goes.  I am gonna fill out this short quiz to let you all know a little more about me an my husband.  Thanks to Diary of a Devil Dog Wife for sharing!


1. When is your “marriage” anniversary:

June 9, 2007

2. How long have you known your spouse:

6 years

3. How long did you date/court before you were engaged:


We dated for 2 1/2 years before getting engaged.  

4. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?

It was in my dorm room second semester of freshman year at college.  It was a blind date. 

5. What is your spouse’s full name:

Stephen Alan Holcomb

6. Do you have any children:

We have an amazing 18 month old boy and a boy due in Oct. 
 
7. How many – boys/girls:

2 boys

8. Do you have any house pets:

Plenty.  We have 2 dogs and 5 adorable ferrets that I have had since college.

9. Do you own a house or rent:

It was a very busy time in our life, we closed on our house 1 month before our wedding and one week before graduation.  Did I mention this was across the country from where we were living?

10. Do you live in the country or town/city:

We live in a small town in Northern Colorado.

11. What is one of your favorite activities together:

Play games.  

12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot:

My favorite spot is Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  My husband has never been though. We never had a honeymoon and most of our travels now-a-days is back to the Chicago land area to visit all of our family.

13. When did you first kiss?

1 week after our first date

14. What church do you attend?

Grace Place

15. Is this the church you were married in:

No.  We were married in the Chapel at Valparaiso University in Indiana.  That is where we attended college.  

16. What town is your current address at:

Johnstown, CO

17. Do you work or stay at home:

I stay at home with my son and Sam.  He is mine 40 hours a week.

18. Who asked who out?

Neither. We were set up by a mutual friend for a party we were attending.

19. How old are each of you?

I am the oldest at a youthful 26 and my husband is 25.  

20. Where do each of you go to school?

I don't go to school right now but my husband is finishing up his graduate degree at Colorado State University.  

21. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?

We have made it through so much that not too many things faze us anymore.  I would say money just because we are still paying off my school loans. 

22. Are you from the same home town?

No.  I grew up in Portage, IN and he grew up in Tinley Park, IL.

23. Where is the farthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

The farthest West would be San Diego, South would be Atlanta, Georgia, North would be Wisconsin, and East Indiana.  We really need to expand our horizons Eastward!  

24. Who has the craziest exes?

That would be me.  

25. Who has the worse temper?

Definitely him. 

26. Who does the cooking?

We both share this responsibility.  He never really cooked before he met me but he is a great study and now cooks whenever I don't feel like it.  He is great about that.  

27. Who hogs the bed?

He does.  I hardly move at all when I sleep.  

28. Who wakes up earlier?

Stephen is always up before me.  My son has always been a great sleeper so I have been lucky.  

29. Where was your first date?

It was a blind date to a Fraternity party at his fraternity, Sig Ep.  

30. How do you spend the holidays?

We go back to visit our family every Christmas.  Most of the time we spend the other holidays in Colorado with each other, our son, and the amazing friends we have here.  

31. How long did it take to get serious?

We were dubbed a couple after just 2 weeks.  I would say after 6 months is when things became more serious in the sense that we expected it to be a long term commitment.  

32. Who eats more?

Right now it is me.  I am 8 months pregnant though.  Usually him when I am not pregnant. 

33. Who does the laundry?

College has us trained in a way.  We each still do our own laundry and we take turns doing our son's.  It seems so much easier if we don't mix all the laundry together. 
 
34. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples.

Times can be tough but if you make it through with your spouse you will find your relationship stronger than ever before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!